Friday, November 18, 2016

Fun Flimsy

My sister asked me to make a quilt for a friend who is having a baby boy.  She did not really care to be involved in the details as she did for the Moon Quilt.  I could make whatever I wanted on someone's else dime.  What fun!

I had been thinking about the Happy Block that we used to make in Guatemala.  I had some fun fabrics and this seemed like the perfect outlet.  Then life happened and I lost my sewing/project room and most of my access to my "stuff".
Sorry - super blurry.  I'll do better next time.

Well, fast forward 3 months - Grown Up R is now out on her own and Little S is back in her room and I have my space and my stuff back.  I got the blocks finished and webbed together.  I am thinking solid red for the backing and binding, since I have plenty.  Hope to get it quilted this weekend - or at least work on it tonight and Saturday night since that is really my only available time.  Better than nothing.

I need to get it done soon.  Another commission job is coming in.  A jean quilt.  The client (a stranger) balked when I quoted her a price three weeks ago.  Then she called this week and says she wants it after all.  She says it doesn't matter when it gets done, but then she says she'd like it quickly.  I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into.  But I've always wanted to make a jean quilt so I'm going for it.  I am going to ask for a deposit up front though when I pick up the jeans.

Linking up to crazy mom quilts  and confessions of a fabric addict  to show off finishes.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!