Sunday, November 20, 2016

Out With the Old, In With the New

Since I am playing catch up from the last month or so this will be a combination of old news and new news.

Old news.  We went to my favorite thrift store looking for things for Grown Up R's new apartment a while back.  For me it is just an excuse to check out the craft room.  On this trip there was a lot of tulle and decorator fabrics and just a bit of cotton.  Probably a good thing since more fabric has been coming in than going out lately.

All the little rolls added up to 2.36 yards.  I paid $1.50 so that is $0.63 / yard.  Super cheap.  

I already have plans for the purple. I Started Bonnie hunters Boxy Stars in pinks and purples quite a while ago but ran out of variety.  I was thinking about it recently, so this is perfect.

New news.  A finish.  The Happy Quilt top for my sister who will gift it to a friend by December.  My stash rules say that I can report fabric out when all of that step is done for a project.  Otherwise I might never show progress.  Since this top was made entirely from stash I can happily report 2.84 yards out of my stash.

Fabric Used/Out This Week: 2.84 yards
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 59.13 yards


Fabric In This Week:  2.36 yards
Fabric In 2016: 74.49 yards
 

Net Used 2016: 15.36 yards stashed 

Slight progress in the right direction.

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!