Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tasty Tuesday - Ham & Cheese Roll Ups

Ham & Cheese Roll Ups

Big swim meet for Middle E one weekend a while back.  The kids were served subs, but they were not very appealing so there were a lot left over.   
I was offered the subs at the end.  That's a lot.  I had an idea. 

My mother used to make a ham & cheese roll up.  This might work 

I made the dough in the bread machine. 

Rolled it out and spread it with a light coat of mustard. 


Then took apart the subs.  Some were ham and some turkey.  I could not separate the cheese from the meat and I was worried that it would not melt properly, but it did.


I then layered the ham & cheese sections on the dough alternating the turkey and ham in rows 

Sprinkled more cheese on top. 


Rolled it up

Sliced

And set it to rise.  
Low and behold, they rose.  I am not always so lucky with yeast dough.

When they came out of the oven the girls came flying downstairs.  They have never been so excited about my cooking.

I'm calling that a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!