Monday, November 14, 2016

Back in Action

Looks like I missed the entire month of October.  Feels like it to.  Can't believe Christmas is on the horizon.

Middle E swims on the High School swim team.  So Fall is always pretty busy.  She can drive herself to most practices but even so it is a hectic season.  I go to all the home meets and volunteer to time at them and I go to as many of the away meets as I can, where I can just watch and not volunteer.

In the middle of the season we had Hurricane Hermione which caused no damage in our area, but did cause a meet to be postponed.  Then we had Hurricane Matthew which had a huge impact on our area and caused one meet to be cancelled and another postponed.

Then we were into the Championship season.  Districts was fantastic and they won!!  Middle E qualified for Regionals for the Medley Relay and the 100 Fly.   The girls got 2nd overall at Regionals and she advanced to States with the Medley Relay.  Woo hoo.  She had never been to States and as a senior this year, that was a huge goal met.  Their relay finished 11th in the entire state!!
Butterfly leg of the 200 Medley Relay States Finals.

All these meets and drives and sit around and waits really set me back on sewing and blogging. But now I can report that swim is over - for forever.  Kind of sad, but good too.  She had a good 4 years, but she does not want to swim in college.


In the midst of swimming Grown Up R moved out on her own.  She had saved up and figured it was time.  Her job is going well.  She is only a few miles away and can still see her sisters often and come for dinner on the spur of the moment, but she is no longer under our roof.  I loved to hear all the girls giggle at night and I surely do miss that.  But I am glad that Little S has her room back and that means that I have my sewing room back.  Try as I might I just could not get anything done while everyone was all compacted upstairs.

I did get some hand sewing done on all the sitting and waiting times with swimming and I will report on that soon.  For now I just hope to get caught up slowly - both in blogging and getting things done.  I have a few deadlines projects that are due soon.  So there is plenty to do.

For now I am just happy to be back sewing and catching up with life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!