Monday, February 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Scrappy Challenge Blocks

They aren't that scrappy looking but they are from my precut scrap drawers.  I think as I run out of these initial scraps then there will be more variety.
I have got to finish the quinceanos quilt so I can have my design wall back!

I wanted to try the scrappy challenge blocks that Judy is designing each month, but I didn't really need a new project.  You know how that goes.  I really like the February block and I need a baby boy quilt in case the new baby (not mine!) is a boy.
My favorite unit - the triangle with the half triangle on one side.

I have lots of blue strips and scraps left from Smith Mountain Morning that are the perfect size for these blocks.  I've been wanting to use the green left from the Green Quilts so this seems like just the right project.
Chain piecing and ironing.

My plan is 16 blocks with sashings like the Pink & Purple Baby Quilt.  I got lots of pieces cut for the various units needed and even have some other variations in mind.  So I will just work at it as I can.  They do go together very quickly which is good, because life is no longer allowing me to sew as I was able to in January.

Go see some other design walls at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!