Monday, February 24, 2014

Sochi Quilt Block on the Design Wall

Did anyone else notice the quilty looking triangles at the venues during the Sochi Olympics?  I am not a tv watcher and didn't see much of the Olympics but those triangles sure caught my eye. From the little I saw it seemed as though maybe each event/venue had a different color.  Even Little S thought it looked like fabric pieces.

So on my design wall is my initial take on a quilt block for Sochi.  I will let it sit there and marinate while I finish up some projects that must get done.  I have been needing an idea that could handle 100s of different fabrics, but in an interesting way.  This might be it.

There are lots of other interesting design walls over at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the colorful quilts all over Sochi, pretty awesome:-)
    Here is a bit more info.. http://www.graphicart-news.com/the-olympic-patchwork-quilt-sochi-2014/#.Uwvpc3mYbcs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. So interesting. We used to live in Moscow, so some of the art is familiar. What a nice way to tie it all together - in a quilt. But that is what quilts do - bring us together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!