Monday, November 6, 2017

What I'm Working On 110617

This one was started at least a year ago.  Senor G asked for a baby quilt to take to Guatemala for a friend who had had a baby.  But we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl.  I grabbed the cute animal fabric and made the center of the quilt quickly.  Then found out that it was a girl.  So this one got put on hold.
Narrow brown inner border.

I had used up nearly every last bit of most of the fabrics so I was at a loss for how to finish it so it got put away indefinitely and didn't even come back out as a WIP.
Auditioning outer borders.

Fast forward...  All my fabrics got stirred up when I made the pillowcases for Houston.  I had just enough of the brown for an inner border.  The green polka dot was a sheet I had gotten for a backing.  I wish I had more of the turquoise for the cornerstones, but the yellow/print was the best I could do.  I do think if I can bind it with turquoise that will work really well.

So in a few bits of found time I have been working on moving this along.

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to share UFO progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!