Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday Finish 110317

More aprons.  I feel like I make a lot of aprons.  College E can't find her apron from last year when she worked at the preschool.  So when this large piece of fabric made an appearance it seemed perfect for a new apron for her and for her Bestie in college.
You will never see spills on that fabric!!

I had to make them very quickly to take advantage of Grown Up R taking a road trip and dropping off a care package.  The embroidery machine cooperated and everything went smoothly and they were done.  I don't like bias tape ties on the aprons I use for work, but I had good colors on hand and for the amount of use they are going to get I figured it was fine and definitely sped the project along faster.

I did my best to accommodate all sizes since College E is smaller than average and her bestie is larger.  I think they will be happy. There is just a smallish piece of this fabric left and I am thinking Little S is due an apron that is not child-size.

Approx 20" x 20"
The same night I also made a weighted lap pad for one of the students in our school.  It was such a cheerful fabric and I added little ribbon tabs all around for extra fidgetability!
Very realistic frogs.

He had such a huge grin on his face and was so happy that it was his favorite color.  His teachers say that it is helping a lot.  Just the right size and weight.

Linking up to Confessions of Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing you did for that student! I'm glad that the weighted lap pad is making a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!