Friday, November 24, 2017

Very Old Friday Finish

I made this college quilt for my niece way back in June, but the photos were lost in cyber space when I got a new phone.  So this is a photo heavy post since I finally got the photos back.
Auditioning fabrics by color gradient.

Test log cabin block.  Yeah, my math is good!

Log cabin strips set ready to go.
It was a monumental project based on a photo that was about 2" square.  I'm sorry but I have no idea who to give credit to for that inspirational photo.

Log cabin center section test layout.

It was a good test of my mathematical abilities.  I'm happy to say all the math was correct - the first time!!

Testing placement of outer blocks.

Spiral quilting

Woo hoo!!
This was my first major project after my quilting foot stopped working.  I tried a spiral quilting design on my sister's domestic machine with the walking foot and that worked like a charm. 
I would definitely do spiral quilting again.

I finally remembered to use the labels the girls gave me for Christmas.
Every bit of purple was used up.

Ta daaaaa!
It was the perfect finish to the design and a perfect match to my niece's personality.  Even though it was boiling hot she wore it around the house for the summer.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the spiral quilting really is the finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to report when I visited Sewanee the quilt was in the chair at her desk. It's obvious that she loves it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!