Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday Finish 111717

Last Friday I had the day off and Little S had to go to school.  That was a very unusual combination, but had to do with making up the hurricane days from Irma.  Her public school make up schedule was different than my private preschool make up days.
Wrighted Fidget Lap Blanket

I considered doing errands, but decided a day at home alone was the best choice and it was.  I got the sewing room kind of cleaned up.  I also started and finished the weighted fidget lap blanket for my father.  Even though I had planned in advance to add a zipper, buttons, and ribbon loops I basically made it up as I went along which is kind of obvious.  I used the last bits of fabric from his bed size weighted blanket and a few "kind of" coordinating fabrics.  I had one last larger piece of the feathery fabric that I was using as backing and it was my guide for size.

When I took it to him on Monday he was very curious and started fiddling right away.  He doesn't open his eyes much anymore so all the touchy feely is good for him.

The staff says using the weighted blanket at night makes a huge difference in helping him sleep, so I am hoping this will help keep him seated.
Another pillowcase

I had another finish from the week before that I had forgotten about.  A pillowcase for a coworker's son.  He is really into football, so when I got this piece of football fabric not long ago I immediately thought of him.  Since we had made lots of pillowcases lately it seemed like a pillowcase was the thing to do.  He loved it!
Very Happy Recipient!!!

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

3 comments:

  1. What a great variety of projects you worked on. Love pillowcases -- fun, easy to make, and uses up fabric too. It's great that you could make the weighted fidget blanket for your dad. Using pieces leftover from another quilt was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW glad to hear that your father's weighted blanket is helping him sleep! Very thoughtful of you to make him a fidget quilt/lap pad, too. Hoping that it is equally successful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fidget quits are such a great idea. Your father will benefit from it so much, AND the weighted blanket. That little guy looks like he likes his pillowcase. He could use it for a sack race, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!