Sunday, October 29, 2017

Stash Report 102917

Fabric In - In a weak moment I went to my favorite thrift store.  That don't always have fabric that I am interested in, but this time they did.  The prices were great and I didn't hold back.
Amazing how happy these little bits can make me feel.
The football fabric (25c) I already cut for a pillowcase but I'll report on that later when it is all done.

The pieces/bags ranged from 25c to $1 and none of them were less that 1 1/3 yards.  Some were over 2 yards and one was even almost 4 yards for $1.
Total 2 yards in a zip bag for $1.
Someone's UFO.  Love the fabric choices.  Since most of it is cut it will make a quick top. $1

It all totaled 17.19 yards at a total cost of $7.25.  I really can't be sad about that! 
I had had a rough week and this was cheap therapy.  Perked me right up!
Folded and measured and ready to use.
The red flowered on the bottom is already made into aprons for College E and her best friend, but I'll report on that separately.


Fabric Out -  I finished the weighted blanket for my father, which you can read about here and here.  Most of the fabric to make that was from 2 king flat sheets and a twin flat (also from the thrift store!).  I did not count them in since they went right into the project, so I am also not counting them out.  I do get to count the front of the blanket cover which was from stash - my mother's stash but now that is the same as mine.  For sentimental reasons I still keep it separate.



Fabric Purchased This Week: 17.19 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 68.46 yards


Fabric Acquired This Week:   0
Fabric Acquired YTD: 18.98 yards

Fabric Used This Week:  2.67 yards for blanket front
Fabric Used YTD: 91.53 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 4.19 yards used


My numbers took a hit, but considering how much fabric I used up with the pillowcases for Houston I did not feel bad at all replenishing at these prices!  I have a few finishes I need to catch up on reporting and a very old finish that I finally have photos for, so that will help me over the next few weeks as well.

Staying accountable with quiltpaintcreate.

3 comments:

  1. Great thrift find! At those prices I never leave fabric on the shelf either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a wonderful find. No need to be sorry about that. Everything looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pass up fabric bargains like that. You've already made progress in moving some of it along. That makes it a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!