Friday, July 29, 2016

Leader & Ender Finish

This started as Leader & Enders a few years ago with no plan.  First joining 2" squares into twosies.  Then since I had no plan I joined them into 4-patches.  Still no plan but the idea of a 16-patch was appealing so that was the next step.
Sorry - no way to show all the blocks together yet.
By then I had seen the X kind of design and I liked it so I made some calculations and started on the neutral X blocks.  Then joined the blocks together.   

This week is the Grand Reconfiguring of the upstairs and the sewing room will be taken apart and put back together in a modified version - in a slightly larger room, but also serving as living space for Little S.  I had enough of the blocks done or partially pieced that I made a final plan (24 blocks in a 4x6 layout) and just went ahead and made the last 4 blocks.  I'd rather my next step be put the flimsy together then start all over on the design wall in the other room.  Now I can put it away for a rainy day waiting to get its final layout and sewn together. Done is good.  

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love making scrap quilts but they never make much of a dent in my stash. Is that thread hanging on your design wall? Amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the design wall and the thread were both behind the sewing machine. No other place for it in this room. Now that I am switching rooms, I am hoping for a better arrangement. I am fortunate that I can use pushpins to hang most things.

      And yes, all of that and you can't tell I used up any fabric at all!

      Delete
  2. That's a great design for a scrap quilt. I am never quite sure what to do for a leader/ender project and end up not doing anything. I will have to keep that idea in mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!