Sunday, December 17, 2017

Stash Report 121717

With College E back home I have lost the use of all the flat surfaces in her room.  I was doing scrapbooking in there and was making great progress since I didn't have to take things out and then put them away when I wanted to sew. I am happier to have her home than to make progress on the scrapbooks though!!

But now that it is all back in the sewing room again I took advantage of a slow day last weekend to clean up and try to get things organized.  I put away the remains of completed projects.  Cut odd scraps into usable sizes for the scrap drawers.  Cut a few more pillowcases to finish that up and return the fabric that was given to me specifically for that project but didn't work.  Resisted started anything new.  I still have a few piles of fabrics that were auditioned for pillowcases to put away, but I am getting closer to clean and neat than I have been in a while.

I have cleaned almost enough so that the backing for the king size red, white and blue stars quilt has resurfaced.  But I need to clean the floor in order to get to it!!  If I get that taken care of then I will be able to see the sewing machine that needs a new free motion foot, which I received a few weeks ago.  Hope I can find it again when I am ready. 


Odd bits of fabric out this week:

Felt for scarves for snowmen kits: 0.25 yards felt

Swaddling clothes for Baby Jesus for the one-year-old class at school:  0.15 yards flannel

Fabric Squares and felt squares for Christmas tree ornaments for my class:  0.3 yards



Fabric in:  Nothing!!  Zero !!  Nada!!




Fabric Purchased:  0 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 99.22 yards


Fabric Acquired This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 46.04 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 0.7 yards for misc school projects
Fabric Used YTD: 113.26 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 31.25 yards stashed

Staying accountable with   quiltpaintcreate.  

1 comment:

  1. It's a good excuse to clean up. I'm always surprised at what I find when I thoroughly clean the sewing room. I don't even remember bringing some of it home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!