Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Finish - Snowman Kits

The last weeks of school before Christmas and again in June are just crazy busy.  I guess because there is no longer any time to put things off for later.

So with school in mind I did have a finish of sorts this week.  I made 5 double batches of peppermint playdough in order to make "Snowman Kits" for the students. Each kit got a good size ball of playdough, a felt scarf (fabric out!!), buttons, eyes, beads, sticks, and a hat.

The hats were so fun.  I got baby socks at the $ Store.  Then cut off the heel and cuff and folded over what was left to make a cuff for the hats.  After a bit of deliberation I machine sewed the cuff down to avoid fraying and disappointment in the future.  Then College E hot glued pompoms to each one.  They are so cute.

Cut...
Fold, Sew!
The containers also came from the $ Store.  This is much bigger than the idea we used for inspiration, but I think it will be easier for little fingers to manage.  Sometimes you just have to work with what is available.

They came out super cute.  I think the kids will like them.  The best part is that they are done a full week and a half before the last day of class!  I think that means this weekend will hold more sewing and less school prep.  Woo hoo!
Snowman Kit!!

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!