Sunday, December 3, 2017

Catching Up 120317

I was going through all my little bits of paper that did not get entered in my "Stash Notebook".  Sure enough there are projects that did not get reported as OUT and fabric that has not been reported as IN.  So I am going to play catch up in this post and let the numbers fall where they may.

Fabric In
The reality of this school year (same school, but different grade & 2 more tutoring sessions after school than last year) is that I just need some thrift therapy on Friday afternoons.  Sometimes the thrift store has fabric that is not quilting cotton so I can leave it on the shelf easily, sometimes it is too expensive for thrift fabric that I don't really need so I use some will power and leave it on the shelf, but sometimes it is too good a deal to pass up and it comes home with me.  It's the littlest things that make me happy!

051317   BEAM Thrift
dinosaurs 1 yard  $0.50  got used for pillowcases
lime green polka dot full flat sheet  5.4 yards $1  partially used for borders of the alligator quilt shown in the OUT section

101417 BEAM Thrift
muslin 1.32 yards  $0.50
Muslin is always good

111017 BEAM Thrift
white w/ purple & green cars 1.33 yards $0.25  future pillowcases
gold w/ red figures  1 yard $0.25  probably Dear Jane
What a deal!

111817 BEAM Thrift
pink w/ white dots, cream w/ blue shells, white w/ hearts, red & white striped flannel  7.16 yards  $3
Very versatile.

112417  Black Friday @ Joann's  $10.77
purple w/ cats - I got this same fabric on clearance a few years ago and used it a lot.  The very last bit got used up in the Sewanee quilt this summer.   I was so glad to see it again that I got the rest of the bolt. 3.67 yards
Kona white remnant 0.67 yards
yellow remnant for Dear Jane 0.47
Love those cats!


120117 BEAM Thrift
cupcakes 0.89 yards $0.50
Who cuts fabric like this?

zip bag of misc FQs (some are cut into) 2.35 yards $0.50
Misc FQs


Fabric Out
This little baby quilt got started last year but then got set aside when it turned out the baby was a girl.  This fall it came out again and the top got finished.  I have fabric for a backing, but have to finish some deadline things before it gets back to the top of the pile.  But at least the top is finished. 2.96 yards out

Alligator Quilt

Fabric Purchased - Catching Up Report:  25.26 yards  @ $17.27  = $0.68/yard
Fabric Purchased YTD: 96.72 yards


Fabric Acquired This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 46.04 yards

Fabric Used This Week:  2.96 yards for green alligator baby quilt
Fabric Used YTD: 107.28 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 35.48 yards stashed


Not sure I'm going to get out of the red by the end of the year, but I can't regret all the great deals I got.  Fabric isn't really in my tight budget, so when I can find it super cheap it makes it possible.  It also made it possible for me to cut 35+ pillowcases for Houston without flinching and give away several quilts.

I'm glad I did go back and get my numbers in order.  It gives me a better idea of how I am doing.  Big difference this school year than last.  Not sure how to interpret that.  I think my therapy next semester needs to be sewing, not thrifting.  That has potential.

I have a commissioned project that is nearly done that used all fabric from the stash. When that is done I can get back to piecing the king size backing and that should help a bit as well.

Staying accountable with quiltpaintcreate.

3 comments:

  1. Muslin IS always good. I have a hard time leaving good fabric deals at the thrift too. My happy place after work on Friday is the library. I wander the shelves and browse whatever looks interesting. I check out books too, but the aimless wandering relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been finding some great bargains! It's probably a good thing that there isn't a convenient thrift store near me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great buys! I'm sure I'll be in the red as my local quilt shop has an amazing sale between Christmas and New Years! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!