Saturday, July 25, 2026

Nine Patches are Next

I like quilt math, but mathing out each round on the baby blocks is testing my skill.  I rarely plan very far ahead and since I was working with parts intended to be rows made over 25 years ago I just joined the baby blocks into a rectangle and moved forward.  So now each round is a new test of how to make it all fit.  

The next round is repurposing the strip of 9-patches set on point.  I have them unsewn with their setting triangles, but I think I am going to have to remove the triangles as well.  My 25-year-old seam allowances are just too "scant."  This round will likely keep me busy all week! 

Little by Little it is Coming Together

Wow!  The photo really shows the different whites in the old and new 9-patches.  They are not that noticeable in real life.  Hmm.  Something else to ponder.

I have a new appreciation for medallion quilts.  I never thought about the precise math involved to make it all work when each round is pieced.

2026 15 Minutes to Stitch

15 minute days this week = 7/7
15 minute days/July = 21/25
15 minute days/2026 = 165/206
Success Rate 2026 = 80%

No stash movement this week.  
  
2026 Stash Totals
Used last week: 0 yards
Used year to date: 43.79 yards
Acquired recently: 0 yards  
Acquired year to date: 35 yards
Stash movement for 2026: 1.14 more yards acquired than used

Linking up to:
Kate at 
Donna at
Frederique at quiltingpatch
Angela at soscrappy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!