Saturday, July 4, 2026

Happy 250th!!

Another sluggish week, but I am getting back into the sewing groove.  I realized that part of my problem is that I do not have work prepped to go when I don't want to think about what to do.  I know I will need a lot more applique hearts for the blue medallion quilt, so I will work on prepping those.  That is something I can prep and sew even if the sewing table is mostly covered in scrapbook stuff.

Need to prep more hearts.

As much as I have been wanting to finish the New & Improved D9P, I couldn't because I had no where to sandwich it.  We are working on giving the office/guest room more privacy.  This involves changing out the double doors with window panes into a real wall with a real door which involves a lot of dry wall dust in the space where I usually sandwich quilts.  Since we were having family over for the 4th, I took advantage of the lull in work and did a heavy duty cleaning and then sandwiched it before I got distracted with something else.  Whew.

Just need to finish quilting and then bind!

My numbers were not quite right and I had to add a sliver of backing to one side before starting quilting, but l didn't agonize over perfection.  I am just trying to finish.  For a brief moment I thought I'd finish this Red, White, and Blue quilt on July 4th, but after cleaning, cooking, hosting I just ran out of steam.  It was nice to have some down time with family even though I have to remind myself that it is okay to take the down time. 

Little S made cookies!  Yum!!

2026 15 Minutes to Stitch

15 minute days this week = 5/7
15 minute days/June = 20/30
15 minute days/July = 4/4
15 minute days/2026 = 148/185
Success Rate 2026 = 80%

No stash movement this week.  
  
2026 Stash Totals
Used last week: 0 yards
Used year to date: 43.79 yards
Acquired recently: 0 yards  
Acquired year to date: 35 yards
Stash movement for 2026: 1.14 more yards acquired than used

Linking up to:
Frederique at quiltingpatch
Angela at soscrappy  

2 comments:

  1. Having something you can work on when you are between big projects does help get your time in each day. Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I agree, preparing ahead is a great help, I should stick to that myself, too! Good luck with the renovations. These festive cookies look delicious! Thank you for sharing and linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!