I like quilt math, but mathing out each round on the baby blocks is testing my skill. Since I am working with parts intended to be rows made over 25 years ago and instead I joined the baby blocks into a rectangle and moved outward it is naturally a different process. So now each round is a new test of how to make it all fit.
The next round is repurposing the strip of 9-patches set on point. I have them unsewn with their setting triangles, but I think I am going to have to remove the triangles as well. My 25-year-old seam allowances are just too "scant." This round will likely keep me busy all week!
![]() |
| Little by Little it is Coming Together |
Wow! The photo really shows the different whites in the old and new 9-patches. They are not that noticeable in real life. Hmm. Something else to ponder, but everything else is so mixed I'm not too worried.
I have a new appreciation for medallion quilts. I never thought about the precise math involved to make it all work when each round is pieced.
2026 15 Minutes to Stitch

Oooh, I love to see your mediallion quilt growing, it looks wonderful! The different whites just add interest to the blocks, as there are others different whites in the center blocks, it looks pretty good to me. I love it so far! Enjoy playing with maths, and thank you for sharing and linking up.
ReplyDeleteI find your project very interesting. Looking forward to watching it progress.
ReplyDeleteMedallion quilts are challenging. I've cheated when making the SAHRR projects by using coping strips and doing partial borders of pieced blocks paired with longer border strips. Your project is looking good. Happy stitching this week.
ReplyDeleteThe medallion looks good. I think spacers are the key to getting everything to fit. Small differences in spacer block sizes aren't noticeable.
ReplyDelete