Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Kiev

Little S and I were looking for something to make for dinner the other night.  Our qualifiers were "chicken" and "quick".

I opened my binder of saved recipes and found this recipe for Microwaved Chicken Kiev.  The microwave part didn't appeal to me at all, but I knew we could cook it in the oven easy enough.  It was a copy of a magazine page, with only the date "December/January 2012" and no identifier as to what magazine.

The fun part was softening the butter, adding seasonings, and reforming it.  Sticky, but fun.
Seasoned butter cubes!
 The breading was messy, but that usually is.  It wasn't for company so I wasn't too worried about how it looked in the end.

The result was very yummy.  Unfortunately there were no leftovers.  This was definitely a recipe to be repeated in large quantities.
The last piece did not last long!
Chicken Kiev

5 T butter, softened, divided
1/2 t chives
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t white pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
1/3 c cornflake crumbs (we used seasoned breadcrumbs)
1 T grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t dried parsley flakes
1/4 t paprika

Combine 3 T softened butter, chives, garlic powder, pepper in a small bowl; shape into 4 cubes.  Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.

Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4 thickness.  Place a butter cube in the center of each.  Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.

Combine cornflakes, cheese, parsley, and paprika in a shallow bowl.  Melt remaining butter.  Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture.  Place seam side down in baking dish. 

Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.  Since I was baking and not microwaving I had to estimate this part, but it was pretty close.

Delicious.  It would not be a bad idea to keep seasoned butter cubes in the freezer to have on hand.  Get all the messy part done at once.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! I love Chicken Kiev and I needed some new recipes to add to our rotation. Will try this one Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!