Sunday, September 2, 2018

Cloth Napkins, Pillows, Brown and More

A mixed review this week.  But for the sake of keeping it honest here it is.  This has been an unusual year for my fabric acquisition and usage and I am very curious how it will all play out in the end.

Fabric In:
bolt of brown - 8.75 yds  $5
That's a lot of brown!!
peach 2.7 yds $0.50  (missed a photo, but you can imagine solid peach)

baby panel 0.69  $0.75
lt brown w/ feathers 0.7 yds  $1
lt moss green with + signs  1.19 yds $0.50

Fabric Out:
5 tissue covers for August library class: 0.27 yds

2 decorative pillows for Studio class - 0.58 yds + trim

gave away - fabric that was not cotton - 0.49 yds

chevron pillows  (hoping for a post about them this week) 1.11

feather napkins  0.58
I love this fabric.

Fabric Purchased since last report: 14.09 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 95.01 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report: 3.03 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 129.5 yards

Total: 1.12 yards destashed

Hmm.  That was a week in the wrong direction.  But at those prices it would be unwise to not buy it.  Also, looking forward with the new job I know I will not be able to get to the thrift store as often, so my future reports should be better on acquisition.  How the job affects usage remains to be seen.  My hours are not going to be much different that the previous job, but I don't know about taking work home and energy level yet.


Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  This was an odd week with getting things done for the pre-employment process and then getting a miserable cold.  Some days was only 15 minutes, but that's okay.

Days stitched since last report: 6/7
Days stitched this year: 230/251
Success Rate: 92%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.

4 comments:

  1. Those are great finds! I agree, it would not have been a good idea to pass them up. Now to sew sew sew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to pass up fabric at that price (that's my excuse for all the recent acquisitions going on at my house, believe me you were much more rational than I was). Congrats on finding time to stitch. It's always hard when to fit in that time when the schedule is changing at home. Good luck with your new position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! As long as you are using what you buy, no harm no foul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always a place for brown, and the other fabrics look good, too. I'm sure you will use them. Great to hear about the new job. Best of luck with the energy! 15 minutes is all that's required, so it's all good. I hope your new job will leave you with energy for sewing great fabrics like that feathery fabric for the napkins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!