Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thankful Thursday

As our summer vacation comes to an end I can honestly say it was a good one.  We didn't go anywhere.  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  We had some major "upsets" at the start of the summer, but it turned out just fine.

I did not get as much accomplished as I imagined I would, but that didn't matter.  The important thing is that I was able to spend time with all of my girls.
Don't feed your sister to the alligator!  2011

Grown Up R works full time, but doesn't live too far away, so we fit in some outings, lunches and dinners.  She is helping with me a side project in her down time and we are in frequent communication about that.  She makes sure to have her sisters over regularly and spend time with them.

College E was home for the summer and I am trying to take full advantage of her being here.   Sometimes it is having her sit on the kitchen counter and tell me how her day went.  Sometimes it is just knowing that she is up in her room.  We even got in a few outings with just the two of us, when Little S was away on her trips.

Little S keeps me young.  I can't go anywhere without her, so I think it was nice for both of us when she had her own trips this summer.  One was a mission trip with her church youth group and the other was a Young Life camp with her after school youth group.  We share a love of musicals, so we will celebrate the end of summer vacation with a local production of "In the Heights."  This might be as close as we get to "Hamilton" so we are excited.  Her sisters are thanking their lucky stars they don't have to go with us!
Sunset on Assateague Island.  2012

I am thankful that my girls truly love each other and being with each other.  No arguing or bickering, not even when they were little.  I am thankful for the uniqueness of each daughter and that what makes them unique is just what our family needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!