Sunday, May 27, 2018

Stash Report 052718

The last few weeks have been worse than hectic.  But now things have calmed a bit so I am catching up. Yes, I had some fabric therapy.


At one store everything was half off.  These bags appeared to have a pretty good selection to make the reduced price worth taking a chance.
Two good size bags - half off! 

Bag #1 was 75c and had 2.01 yards worth inside.  With the exception of the Air Force fabric (giving it away over here) it was all definitely within my interests.
Bag #1

Bag #2 was $1.50 and had 2.6 yards worth in it.  A few solids or read as solid, some batiks, and what appear to home dyed fabrics. All good stuff.
Bag #2

Another store. Another day.  This was the day after my last day of work - ever.  I am looking for a new job and am currently unemployed so I don't need to be spending anything.  But I couldn't resist these gems.  I actually have 2 others of the turquoise FQ from various sources, so it seemed fitting to buy this one.  Now I have enough to make something super cute with them.
Last day celebration purchase!
Washed and folded they turned out to be nice whole lengths.  3.15 yards for $1.75
I love folded fabric!
And another trip out.  Little S had a school fundraiser over on that side of town and I stopped on the way back.

I had just finished the vests for Austin so this was the perfect replacement fabric.  It seemed to be what was leftover after a garment was cut out. 0.74 yards for 25c  WIN WIN WIN

Fabric did get used.  A little bit, but I'll take it.

Mother's Day Silhouette for school: 1.79 yards

Austin's vests: 0.2 yards + 16" of velcro

Grown Up R took 1.2 worth of cloth napkins from my parents home to use as napkins.  I was holding them to use as fabric since I held onto to everything that was remotely usable for sewing.

Baby Blanket:  I finished and gave away the pink blanket I was going to use to show a friend how to make crochet edges.  So I had to prepare another one for her.  I gave it to her (without a lesson) so I wouldn't give it away out from under her again.  1.34 yards



Fabric Purchased since last report: 8.5 yards for $4.25
Fabric Purchased YTD: 39.26 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report:  4.53 yards 
Fabric Used YTD: 50.11 yards

Total: 11.8 yards stashed

Not moving in the right direction, but I am current and time is on my side now.

I have fabric I'm trying to give away.  Check that out over HERE.


Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  I am doing much better on that I am out of work.  Sewing has a calming effect as well, which I need.  Trying to finish up a deadline project helped as well.

Days stitched since last report:21/21
Days stitched this year: 134/146
Success Rate: 92%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.


2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I wrote a long comment, but maybe you moderate? It doesn't show anything, though. So ... ya done good! Super scrapbags, and who can complain when you spent so little to get so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely did well on the stash enhancements! That's some cool stuff for not a lot of money. Good luck with your job search and finding time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!