Friday, May 4, 2018

Ahoy Matey!

For Pirate Week at school we made Pirate Flags.  I had all the pieces pre-cut and ready for the kids.  They decided where to place their cross bones and initials.
Land Ho!
We used regular pins this time, not safety pins.  No one got poked.  I am a firm believer in it is all about the expectation.  Some of them were able to get the other end of the pin back up through the fabric, but all of them had fun poking pins.

Regular pins - no problem.
Then we sewed them down.  This was a lesson in zigzag stitching.  It was interesting how many of the kids noticed the machine was making a zigzag movement before I told them the difference from how we had sewn before.

Arrrrgh!!
Unfortunately I missed getting more pictures and most of the flags already went home.

Yes, your flag is amazing!


Also, unfortunately the felt was in the stash at school so only the black ribbon actually came from my stash.  ARRRRGH!!
Shiver me timbers!!

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show of finishes.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!