Sunday, May 6, 2018

Stash Report 050618

Not much going on sewing wise.  No photos either, so this is a relatively boring post.

No fabric in.  I took a great leap of faith and gave notice at my job without having anything else lined up.  As much as I love my class and teaching in general it is time for me to move on to someplace or something else. But that also means my fabric budget, which was already almost zero, has gone down to zero for sure.  I must work from the stash.

No fabric out.  End of the year at school is super busy, getting applications out, getting ready for College E to come home , and all the other regular weekly stuff meant not much sewing time and no finishes.  The end is in sight though.

Fabric Purchased this week: 0 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 30.76 yards

Fabric Acquired this week: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used this week:  0 yards 
Fabric Used YTD: 45.58 yards

Total: 7.83 yards stashed

No movement at all, but improvement is on the horizon.


Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  Once again it was a very busy week and I didn't get up to the sewing room every day. But just touching and breathing fabric seems to help me relax so I will take my bits and pieces of time where I can.

Days stitched since last report: 5/7
Days stitched this year: 113/125
Success Rate: 90%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.


4 comments:

  1. If you feel that strongly that it was time to move on, then it was. Keep the faith and it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving on is not a bad thing. There will be a new door that opens with a better opportunity for you. Good Luck.
    Quilting helps, and you can make lots of things from stash, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you have to close one door before the next opens. Good luck with all the end of the school year stuff and on finding what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You success rate is fantastic, and life always works out. I'm sure you have found another job already, and are preparing for a new school year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!