Monday, January 23, 2017

Sewing Goals for 2017

At the end of 2016 with my Stash in the red, I thought about being more productive, using the stash, finishing what I've started, etc, etc...

So I took a quick mental inventory of what needs to be finished.  That pretty much verified what I've known. I like making blocks and tops.  When I get to borders and backing I lose interest unless it is a deadline quilt. But it makes no sense to sew quilt tops and let them languish uselessly unfinished.

So here's my list of unfinished projects and "want to make" projects.  Maybe 2017 will see more finishes.  Maybe not. 

Red White & Blue 
Needs the backing to be pieced. Then send out for quilting because it is too big for me to quilt on my small frame and domestic machine 

Scrappy Mountains Majesty
Need to decide on borders or not. I have fabric for a backing already.  Need to make sure it's enough 

X Marks the Spot 
Need to decide on borders or not.  Then choose a backing or piece a backing. 

Strips That Sizzle 
Decide on borders or not.  Choose a backing. I have a possibility but need to check size. 

Spider Web
Count the finished blocks.
I think just a few more are needed.
Lay out and web the top together. 
Then choose a backing.  

Curtain Quilt
Finish colored strip sections and join to neutral sections.  Choose Backing 

Boxy Stars 
Keep Leadering & Ending

Davis Carnival Quilt 
Due March 2017
Waiting on 20 blocks from Students.  Choose a layout and fabrics.

As of Jan 21 just needs binding. 


Bettler Carnival Quilt
Due March 2017
Waiting on 24 blocks from students.  Choose a layout.  Beach theme requested.  

Quinceanos Quilt
Hopefully by May 2017
Choose borders and backing 

College Quilt
After Middle E commits to a college
Choose design
I already have fabrics if it is college choice #1

Christmas Quilt
Thinking that with my recent influx of Christmas fabrics I need to try to replace my Christmas quilt that was stolen.  This one would not be hand sewn.

Christmas Stockings
Just got a tentative commission job to make stockings for a co-worker's children.
During the summer.
Follow up showing her fabric options.

Aprons for My Girls

Didn't get this done for Christmas, but no real deadline.  Use up the cat fabrics. 
DONE!!!  Lucy loves it!
 
Baby Quilt
Due September
Just found out another co-worker is expecting.
I'll wait to find out what her color preferences, gender, theme, etc are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!