Sunday, January 15, 2017

Yellow Yellow

Another good find at the Thrift Store. Solid yellow. This yellow makes me think of my girls playing "Punch Buggy" and yelling out "yellow yellow" when they spot a yellow VW bug!

4.75 total yards for $1 !!  It's in 3 pieces but I can live with that!

"Yellow, Yellow!"
On the out side: I got back the squares for one of the Carnival Auction Quilts.   It was a slow Saturday so I was able to get to work right away and I got the top done.  Woo hoo.  

The Carnival is less than 6 weeks away and I have 2 quilts to make so I was very happy for such progress.  Unfortunately, even though I have time to finish it completely I'm at a standstill because I promised the class I would show them the flimsy stage.  Otherwise I probably could have finished it all up on this 3-day weekend.  Oh well.  I can do other things on my remaining 2 days with a clear conscience. 
Almost a stained-glass effect as the sun comes up.
I definitely noticed that having such a close deadline on this quilt prevented me from agonizing too much on little details. I just went with my first reaction to almost everything and knocked it out it an afternoon.  

Well, almost.  One of the fabrics I had chosen for the piano key border ended up not working at all. So much so that I unsewed it and took it out.  Didn't add much time-wise and I'm much happier with the final combination.  

Clarification: As with previous years, my Stash Report is designed to meet my needs.  I only get to sew in occasional spurts so I report fabric out when I have all of a particular stage of the quilt finished.  I can keep track better and I see progress more often which is more motivating.  

I bought the white fabric specifically for the carnival quilt and had them cut and to the class relatively quickly so I did not count that as fabric in back when it happened and also will not count it out now. 

So I am just counting out the sashing and borders.  1.71 yards 

Fabric Purchased This Week: 4.75 yards
Fabric Acquired This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 5.4 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 1.71 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 2.01 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 3.39 yards

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.

Still moving in the wrong direction but with two carnival quilts that will be made entirely from stash and finished soon I know I will get back on track in the near future .......if I stay away from the Thrift Store!

1 comment:

  1. I think your quilt is awesome, and I know you will find good use for that yellow soon. It is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!