Sunday, March 13, 2016

Stash Report 031316

I realized I never reported the fabric used to finish up Carnival Auction Quilt #2.  Thank goodness, since otherwise I would have nothing to report!

Unfortunately when I was ready to bind this quilt I could not find the black fabric I had gotten a while back. I had struggled about getting the black then, but it was remnants on clearance and I knew I would use it.  So I was really really frustrated that I could not find it when I needed it.  I actually had to make a trip to the store to buy a 1/2 yard in order to finish the quilt.  It just didn't seem fair, since I had actually planned for it. 

A few weeks after the quilt was done I was doing some deep cleaning in my bedroom - where I DO NOT keep fabric - and I found the original black fabric in a really weird spot.  I can only guess that it must have come in from the clothesline and hadn't gotten put away in the sewing room and maybe company was coming so I just put it somewhere to get it out of the way.  Oh well, now I have black fabric for a future quilt.

I'm really hoping to sew during our Spring Break in 2 weeks, but with College Visits for Middle E I am not sure it is going to happen.  At least it is on my radar.


Fabric Used/Out This Week: 2.8 yards

Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 10.9 yards


Fabric In This Week:  0.5 yards 
Fabric In 2016: 3.5 yards
 

Net Used 2016:  7.4 yards


Sharing our Stash Reports with Patchwork Times

2 comments:

  1. Fabric hides here too as do patterns and projects. Then when it isn't needed it pops up unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have positive usage and the black will come in handy later. Still a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!