Monday, March 28, 2016

I Have an Idea

I committed to make a quilt for the Hands 2 Help project over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I love the H2H project. I made a quilt for H2H in 2014. I even won a prize.  But I didn't do it last year and I was kicking myself for not.

I'm already in over my head this Spring but I just couldn't say no this year.  So I've been thinking of what to make that would not be super time consuming. 

How about finishing a UFO?  How about finishing a UFO that got stalled because I didn't like the direction it was headed?  I think that's a WIN WIN!!! So I think I'm going to turn these pieces into something at last.  

This was a mystery - my first - and last.   Although I liked the mystery concept and I had the suggested colors in my stash when it was done I realized that I just don't have enough time to sew to start something that I'm not sure I'm going to like in the end.  For me it would be better to wait and see the finish before committing.  So I ended up with a box of units.
I like this option and can make 25 of the black-centered blocks.
So now I think I will go get my chores done since I am motivated to work on this one again. I already have some variations thought through from a previous attempt to get it out of UFO status.  
Not too sure about these.  Maybe with sashing.
Linking up to Patchwork Times to show off Design Walls - and floors!


1 comment:

  1. keep going on your grand illusion! so sorry it was your first mystery, and you didn't like the way it turned out. don't worry, though, this design was a solid flop in bonnie's mystery quilts. the fabrics are all the same value, so it just doesn't flow very well. I finished mine, and also donated it to one of my favorite charities. keep plugging along- it will get there! (and at least it's not set on point like this year's mystery!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!