Friday, June 5, 2015

Does this count as a layout?

I have not been working in fabric, but in paper.  School is out, but instead of having more time I have less.  It is not supposed to work that way.  Part of the problem is that my team teacher and I do the planning for the summer camps.  It is fun to come up with themes we don't do during the regular school year and really make them "over the top" fun.

This year we are doing Around the World, Fantastic Florida and Super Heroes.  Super Heroes we always do the last week of school to finish the year with a BANG!! but for camp we can do even more.  This past school year we worked last summer's camp activities into some of our regular themes and that was super fun.  Cowboys during the 5 senses week.  Mother is a Queen used the Castle Camp activities, but focused them on mom for Mother's Day.  Pirates we just threw in there for fun and the kids LOVED it.

Anyways, I am making the travel posters for the Around the World camp to decorate the doors.  I have been collecting great photos from calendars and travel magazines.  I mounted them on poster board, added simple sayings and done.  Thinking about it took longer than doing it.  But that is often the case.

I needed posters for 4 classrooms and wanted each room to have one of each background color and make sure each of our focus countries was represented.  So each class got a vertical column on the floor. My "design floor" worked great.  I didn't actually make a patterned layout until I was all done.  Something about it make me think of a quilt.

It's a finish and it's Friday, but it's not fabric.  Next week hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!