Friday, June 12, 2015

A Finish for my Mother-in-Law

The girls are spending the week with their grandparents and other family in Guatemala.  I usually gift my MIL with fabric but to be quite honest I think she just hoards it - a woman after my own heart!!!

So I made her a tablecloth with the remains of a bolt of fabric I had been gifted and had hoarded thinking I would recover the dining room chairs but knowing full well that I wouldn't.  I almost sent it as is and she could hem it since my sewing machine has not seen the light of day in many months, but at the last minute I cleared a space and hemmed all four sides.  
It went right into the suitcase and I did not get a picture.  But here is a glimpse from the little bit that got squared off the end.  

She uses tableclothes for every meal and I think she will like it.

Linking up with  Crazy Mom Quilts   and Confessions of a fabric addict  to show off finishes.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!