Monday, June 15, 2015

Bears Climbing the Wall

I have given up and taken the Spinning Octagons off the wall.  The girls are all away so I am using a bedroom floor to work on a layout and plan for finishing them - maybe.

But first I have to make a baby quilt for our soon-to-be born nephew   I had a super cute transportation themed quilt top done and then I learned the theme is woodland animals.   
The purchased inspiration fabric.
Of course I had nothing to work with so I had to break down and buy something.   But all inspiration had been used up on the transportation quilt and it didn't transfer to the new fabric. No problem. Life got in the way and I couldn't do anything anyways.
Recently acquired in a bag of scraps - but not much of it.
Fast forward 2 months:  I am a teacher.  School is out!  The first of 3 camps I am helping plan is ready to go. The second is in good shape.  So I have cleaned off the sewing table and rediscovered the machine.  Got the mending done.  Looked at some quilting books and was inspired at last.  
Bear Paws seems fitting for a woodland animal theme.
I still have the scraps from the big brother of the new baby's quilt and they actually coordinate pretty well, so I am trying to use them up work them in.  The center of the bear's paw will be the green of the previous baby quilt.  There is enough.  Trying to figure out where to use this:
There is about a 12" x 18" piece.  Thinking 4 large border cornerstones if nothing else.

I usually make things up as I go along, so I am not too worried.  It will happen.  I am just happy to be sewing and making progress on something that does need to be made soon.

Head on over to Patchwork Times  to see what others are working on.

1 comment:

  1. Bear Paws are perfect for that cute woodland critter print. I recently used the same print for crib bumpers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!