Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Design Wall 070114

I'm a little late for Design Wall Monday, but I'll take whatever progress I can get.
Little S received this cute quilt top from her grandmother in Guatemala. I convinced my MIL to let us do the backing and quilting once we got home. Less bulk to pack, less work for her in the very short time we had there and a good summer project for Little S and I. 
Late last night we picked some fabrics that would work while anxiously awaiting Middle E's arrival back home from a week long trip. Keeping with the plan of "using it up" we just picked from the stash and I think we did well - greens, reds and yellows with plenty of sunflowers.   Good matches for the farm themed front.
This morning while everyone was still asleep from a long day and late night I of course could not fall back to sleep so I got up and started cutting the squares for the backing.   Now when Little S needs something to do she can work on sewing it together.   

Linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!