Friday, July 18, 2014

When All Else Fails Sew It!

A few weeks ago I made the pirate ship for Pirate Camp at the preschool where I work.  But two sections had come unglued. I suspect I used different types of hot glue sticks and some worked better than others.  I did not want to repair it with hot glue and have the same problem and have it come loose during camp next week.

So after having the ship moored in my living room for the last week and me laying awake nights I finally hit upon the solution - sew it.  So bright and early this morning I got out the thickest yarn I had and the biggest, longest, sharpest needle and got the job done.  It worked fine.  I had to use a spoon to help push the needle through some of the thicker spots - 3 layers of cardboard - but over all it was a good solution.  I even went around a few extra places just because since I liked the way it looked.

I was almost out the door after dropping it off at school and getting the last camp details taken care of when I remembered I still had not cut a door for the kids to get in and out! 

It's a finish and it involved sewing, so I am claiming it for a Friday Finish!

Linking up finishes with   confessions of a fabric addict  and  Crazy Mom Quilts and richard and tanya quilts.
 

3 comments:

  1. Pirate camp sounds like SOOO much fun!!! Your ship looks great, this is a very fun Friday finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great solution! and you are hardcore to sew through 3 layers of cardboard. way to go!!!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and a great fix!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!