I made the needed blocks, did some math, and decided to wait until I was fresh to do anything else. My later thoughts led me to the idea of working the borders backwards. I need to complete all 4 sides of this nine patch on point border even joining the corner blocks. Then .... figure out the inner white border. On the previous rounds getting the corners on wasn't a big deal. For whatever reason, this time it is. I think this new idea will work. If not, I'll try something else, right??
![]() |
| This round has been a doozy! |
Since I wasn't thinking about making 9 patches fit, I reached for a no-brainer. I had never made the August block for the RSC and of course September is now needing to be made as well. I cut the paper foundation, pulled colors from the 2" strip bin, and then cut into the odd shaped scraps. Neither of these are colors I have a lot of. Yellow needs to be arranged and then sewn. Purple needs more fabric. It was nice to work on something that was not a struggle.
![]() |
| Crayons in the making! |
2026 15 Minutes to Stitch


That is going to be a gorgeous quilt! And I think your idea of doing that pieced outer border will work very easily to figure out the inner border size needed to finish it all. Clever idea!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with that border and finding enough PURPLE for this month's Crayon block!
ReplyDelete