Sunday, June 12, 2022

Summer Vacation is Here at Last!

Fabric In:  Considering I barely left the house except for school, an awful lot of fabric made its way in.  My sister has been volunteering and is now working at our favorite thrift store.  When she is working in the craft room, she gets to see all the new arrivals and has picked out a few.  The real problem is at the end of the month when the items that have not sold in their allotted time get thrown away!  Yes, thrown away.  So she is working hard to at the very least get those items to other thrift stores or to people who can use it.  That means the fabric comes to me.  I think I'm going to track it separately, since I did not choose this fabric.  I also need to aggressively find somewhere local to donate to.

I need a red & black idea!

Fabric Out:  At the end of the school year I gave a bag of fabric, trims, and thread to the custodian who cleans my classroom.  We have a good relationship speaking Spanish at the end of the day and I know she sews for her little granddaughter.  Had I known what was heading my way I would have given her a lot more!    


Fabric In This Week: 0 yards

Fabric Received as Donation This Week:  16.51 yards

Fabric In YTD: 31.89 yards

Fabric Out This Week: 4 yards

Fabric Out YTD: 26.24 yards

Stash Movement: 5.65 yards in


As far as time spent sewing ....... 

I can't believe it has been over a month since I have posted.  May just came and went.  All the end-of-the-year school tasks just snowballed.  I don't think it would have mattered if I had had projects prepped or not.  I just didn't have the energy with all that was going on for school.  It is good to get back into the sewing room and get creative again.  

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing May: 14/31

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing June: 7/11

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in 2022: 131/162   

Percentage: 81%

Not as bad as I thought, but I'm definitely looking forward to more stitching this summer.  I have a fun project in the works already. 

I love the bright colors.

Linking up to Kate's Life in Pieces and quiltpaintcreate to share progress and stay accountable.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could sell some of that fabric on Destashify. She takes donations if you don't want to fuss with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!