Monday, June 13, 2022

In the Works!

Since I was caught up on the Quiltmaker Mystery and school was taking all my energy, I needed something easy to work on.  I choose Two-Step from the book Scrap School by Lissa Alexander.   

I started with already cut squares in primary colors from the scrap users system.  Then I moved to the already cut strips.  Not until I had to did I cut from yardage.  I made a big batch of low volume 2-patches to get me started and that worked out well.

This was a good project to work on in dribs and drabs as I had bits of time.  I just kept sewing 4 patches without much of a plan.  I originally thought that an 8x8 layout would be good for a baby quilt, but that was too small.  Then I added turquoise to my mix and went to 10x10, but still not to my liking. 


Finally, I added lime green and went to 11x11.  I think this will work.  Also, I am ready to move on to another project.
Just a few more blocks to finish it up.

I am pleased with this project.  Just what I needed when I didn't have much brain power.  Super cute for a baby boy or girl.  I have to have the living room floor cleaned up by tonight, so that will force me to finish up the last blocks and get it at least webbed together.  I have something I think will work for the backing, so that puts it even closer to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!