Sunday, April 28, 2019

Finally Closing the Books on 2018

I was wondering what to do about the stash report being that I haven't written one on about 6 months.  The stash report really helps me focus on using fabric up and not getting anymore - HA HA HA.  I do love the math of it though.  So I am going to close the books on 2018 even though it is very late.  Then I can start "fresh" for 2019.

Even though I wasn't sewing much I was still thrifting - it's my therapy - so fabric did come in and for whatever reason I kept is all separate since I hadn't reported on it - or used it!  So getting a report wasn't too difficult even though it is low on detail.

Fabric In: 
Thrifting with College E at Thanksgiving I found a bag of 16 - 10.5" squares and 8 unsewn triangles   1.53 yds  $1.50  From the 45 degree angle joins I am guessing these were cut from a "lasagna" type quilt.  I thought about it and figured I could figure out a layout and it would be a bright and cheery donation quilt.

Pink w/ swirls, red solid, blue solid, bears w/ hearts - 3.8 yds  $3.50

Doggy print - Grown Up R asked for a quilt for her dog since I made one for a her cat a few years ago.  This will supplement my few dog prints. 0.41 yds  $0.50

Solid red - always useful  1 yard  $0.50

Cute bright pink - I have made quite a few pink quilts in the last year and this will replenish my diminishing pink stash.  0.65 yds  $0.50

Fabric Out:
Fabric for my sister to make curtains for my niece.  Label said the fabric was from France!  Those will be the nicest curtains on campus.  3.5 yds

Also during the Thanksgiving break I finished the Carpenter Star quilt for my cousin's grandson.   Backing & Binding 3.43 yards

I realized that I did not yet count out the white board "erasers" I made for our class.  25 7" 2-sided flannel squares.  The kids love them and they were the perfect use of random scraps.  0.85 yds

Giveaway - various kiddie print scraps  approx 0.50 yds

Finished the quilt for the Babs, the "GrandDog" at the very last minute before we drove to NC for a visit.  4 yds

Lasagna quilt triangles is a flimsy.  I am thinking to send it off as is to someone who will finish it and donate.  Anyone interested?  I don't have time to work on something I don't love.  I really need to stop buying other people's UFOs!! 1.53 yds

Final numbers for 2018:

Fabric Purchased since last report: 7.39 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 128.01 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards

Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report: 13.81 yards
Fabric Used YTD 2018: 167.71 yards

Total: 17.05 yards destashed 


Just about break even.  A little bit more out than in!  Good enough.  I'm glad I did the numbers.  It will be interesting to see how 2019 goes since I started it the way I ended 2018 - lots of work and not much sewing.

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate to keep accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I am also a sucker for other people's orphans, even though I have plenty of my own UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!