Friday, April 26, 2019

Carpenter Star for Baby CW is Finished

Little Baby CW is the first grandson of my cousin.  Our grandfather was called CW.  It turns out Baby CW's initials being the same is a coincidence.  He was born premature at just over 1 pound and has been in the hospital gaining weight.  I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must be.

My sister asked me to make the Carpenter Star that I had made previously for her.  I am not really a fan of repeating a design so I found this design that is also called Carpenter Star, but is different.

I loved making this one.  This was all fabrics from the stash.  The top went together so quickly.
Then the quilting slowed the process down.  I have to get better at quilting since sending them out to be quilted is not in the budget.


I am very happy with how it turned out and I think maybe I really would make another of this design.  I can envision it in brights or pinks or just about anything!

My goal was December 1st since Baby CW was expected to go home in December.  I got it done by my date, but he went home early, which was very good news!!

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to share finishes.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!