Sunday, June 24, 2018

Stash Report 062418

Fabric Out: The deep deep cleaning of my sewing/project room resulted in some unplanned outage.  As I put all the fabric back on the shelves I removed fabrics that were not appropriate for quilts and I was unlikely to use for anything else. It is amazing how a little stack of fabric can be so much fabric - 11 yards!!
Non cottons to donate

I also trimmed down the remains of denim jeans for use in future projects.  That saved me half a bin of storage.  Who knew.  I saved the zippers and back brand patches since it seems like they must be good for something, but I don't want them.  If you have a use for them let me know and I would be happy to send them to you.
Free to a good home!

I finished a flimsy for a commissioned project.  2.63
Good use of large scraps!

And I found another piece of beach/surf fabric to add to the June GIVEAWAY.

Surfers to go with the beach fabric!

Fabric In:  I found this cute pink & gray flowered fabric at the thrift store.  2 yards for $2!!  These are the colors that my sister is leaning towards lately when she asks for baby girl quilts, so I figured it was a good piece to have on hand.
Delicate for a baby girl.

Fabric Purchased since last report: 2 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 41.26 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report: 11 yards purged
Fabric Used YTD: 66.96 yards

Total: 3.05 yards destashed

At last I am really, really making progress.  It didn't all get sewn, but it is no longer on my shelf.




Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  I was in the sewing room every day either sewing or cleaning or trimming scraps to usable sizes.  I finished the top for a commissioned quilt, found good border fabrics for a WIP that was stalled, and now have the space and motivation to get going on some other WIPs. 

Days stitched since last report:7/7
Days stitched this year: 158/174
Success Rate: 91%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.

5 comments:

  1. That flimsy is adorable! I so love stars. Way to go on the destashing! I only succeeded in adding more this past week! Not a stitch sewn or a scrap used. Oh well, the knitting is priority right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your successful purge! Moving fabric out of the stash counts no matter how it happens. Getting organized and spending consistent time in the sewing room should lead to lots of project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you going through old fabric to see what you really want to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing well in both projects! What fun to have free shelves! Congratulations on all your stitching days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great seeing room progress this week. I only quilt with fabric so I don't think I have jolynn quilty stuff to get rid of.

    Yay! You got a flimsy done too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!