Sunday, November 19, 2017

Stash Report 111917

Fabric In
Through work I had access to a room filled with fabric and no limitations.  If we are lucky our school is invited about three times a year, but it doesn't always work out that I can go.  This time I could.  A lot of it was not quilting fabric so I literally felt my way around the room picking the fabrics that were most likely quilting cottons.  The lady supervising the room asked what I would do with it all.

Hmm.  We just made 35 pillowcases for Houston and quite a bit of that fabric came from this source last year.  I also made 2 quilts last year that were auctioned to benefit the local elementary school and some of that fabric came from here. We will make Christmas ornaments at school and I was able to pick up some Christmas fabric.  In another room I got several cards of Christmas trims that will also get used for our classroom Christmas projects.
22.5 yards

It is such an odd variety that it just freshens up the stash a bit.  It also makes me feel more generous in using it up on projects that get donated.
Guessing about 2.5 yards since there are a few FQ in this mess still in their packaging.

Amazing how a few pieces really add up.  After I got it all washed, measured and folded it was a bit over 22 yards.  I also picked up a bag that was loaded with scraps of all shapes and size that Little S is working on ironing.  I'm going to say it was 25 yards total.   It is doubtful I will dig my way out of this hole by the end of the year, but boy oh boy it felt like Christmas!!  All for free makes it even better.  How could I possibly not load up?

Fabric Out

I finally got the weighted fidget lap blanket finished for my father. 
Weighted Fidget Lap Blanket  0.5 yards

I also remembered the football pillowcase and finally gave it to a budding football player who was thrilled.
Football Pillowcase  1.1 yards


Fabric Purchased This Week:  0 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 71.46 yards


Fabric Acquired This Week: 25 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 46.04 yards

Fabric Used This Week:  1.6 yards for lap blanket and pillowcase
Fabric Used YTD: 100.98 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017: 16.42 yards stashed


I'm deep into the hole, but who can resist free fabric.  I hit 100 yards out and that's great.  I have a few more finishes coming up, so maybe I'll break even by the end of the year.

Staying accountable with quiltpaintcreate.

3 comments:

  1. You can't beat free. I wouldn't have passed it up either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free is definitely hard to pass up. You've done a great job with the outgoing and aren't really too deep in the hole. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free is definitely wonderful - especially with all your generous charity sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!