Monday, August 14, 2017

Design Wall Monday

Well I was hoping to show off the beginnings of the other college quilt I made this summer, but technology is working against me.

So I'll show you another hexagon block.  I really like how these are coming out.  I had thought I'd do them as leader/enders, but since I don't have a big project - or any size at all project - I just sat and made another for fun.
I'm liking it!

The fact that the original hexagons were cut not exactly uniformly 20 years ago is not affecting the finished project too much.  I tried to trim them uniformly but it actually made it worse so I left it alone! There are a few places where the corners are not exact, but not enough to make me throw away the precut hexies and start over.

I have no idea what I will do with these or how many I will even finish, but for now the idea is too just use up what I have prepped and go from there.  I can envision a cute little baby quilt.

Linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to show off our design walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!