Saturday, August 20, 2016

Wedding Finish #2

My SIL in Guatemala is a Snoopy fan.  Maybe obsessed would be a better word.  I hate to say I contributed greatly to her collection when she was younger.  Well, for the wedding she had a Snoopy in a tuxedo and a plain Snoopy.  She wanted the plain Snoopy to be more bride-like and then the pair would sit on the gift table.

After we finished the Welcome pennant, my MIL got out the box of odd ribbons I had left with her when we moved to see what we could use for the Snoopy bride.  We were originally looking for a ribbon for Little S's hair for the wedding, but now it had turned into a treasure hunt.  Little S had a lot of fun digging around in the box. Brought back a lot of memories of projects I had worked on when we lived in Guatemala.  She picked out everything that was white - ribbons, lace, beads and even tiny flowers!  Then she found a tiny blue flower bouquet.  Perfect.

We had a little bit of tulle left from another project that I used for a veil.  I cut an elongated oval, which I folded not in half, but at about one-third so that the veil appear to have 2 layers.  I attached the folded end to a circlet of beads, leaving a bit of fold sticking up for effect.  That stayed on the head because it fit under Snoopy's ears.

Then the bouquet.  We picked out the worn parts of the blue bouquet and added a pretty white bow.  Then added a ribbon on the back to tie to Snoopy's arm.

It came out great.  It also made me very thankful for my glue gun back home.  But working with just needle and thread allows for a level of detail you might not get otherwide.  It really makes you aware of how things are put together.

Showing off finishes with Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!