Sunday, August 14, 2016

Stash Report 081416

Due to the Grand Reconfiguring I didn't get any sewing done this week, but I did have fabric out.  In my efforts to compact my "stuff" as small as possible to make space for Little S to live in harmony with the sewing room I got rid of more fabric that I knew I wouldn't ever use.  I also apparently still had a bin from my mother that I had not gone through.  I was pleased to be able to condense more and also to put some of my mother's things in a a more appropriate place so that I will see it and use it.  I think overall I did well.

While all the flat surfaces are clear I am taking advantage to work on getting some scrapbooking done.  As soon as R gets back I will have to fold up the big work table to make space for Little S's mattress.) I rue the day my sister taught me about scrapbooking.  A woman cannot serve 2 hobbies.  Quilting always comes out ahead, so the photos are always waiting.  Unfortunately the girls are more interested in having their photos properly arranged than yet another quilt.  

Progress:
* A pile to maybe sell since I believe it has value.  I have hung on to some things for too long.  Vintage pillow cases, jacket professionally made from a quilt, old quilts that have no meaning to me??  R will help me with that in the future.
* A pile to donate since I can't see much real purpose in it.  Not quilting fabric. 1.5 yards
* 2 queen size sheets I was saving for backings went to my sister for curtains in her new house. 12.75 yards

Update: She returned the sheets so I am backing them out of the report as used and they'll go back in the stash. Too bad.  

Hmmm...  I need to finish some quilts so I can get some real backing numbers!  Backings definitely make a big difference.

Stash report revised on 090116
Fabric Used/Out This Week: 1.5 yards
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 52.02 yards


Fabric In This Week:  0  yards
Fabric In 2016: 31.54 yards
 

Net Used 2016:  20.48 yards

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. I think tidying up going through sorting out fabric is great. It reminds us of what we have and so what we can use if not straight away then another time. And it is also good to make decisions as to what we are never going to use and to hand it on as well. I haven't sewn this past week either as I have been away from home. I am getting a little antsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have scrapbooking diversions as well. I enjoy quilting when I am tired and my mind needs a rest. I need to be fully alert when I scrapbook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!