Friday, January 22, 2016

Carnival Auction Quilt #2

This carnival Auction quilt is for Little S's class.  I had originally thought I'd use the rest of the fun brights on this quilt but it just didn't seem to work as well.  There were 22 blocks so I had to work at making it a rectangle or square.  I added two blocks of dog fabric (the teacher LOVES dogs) and tried a rectangle with black sashing.  I liked the black but the fabric itself was awful and the whole top had to be unsewn.

On the second attempt I added a year block to bring it up to 25 blocks and make it square.  I liked it better this way.  I think maybe the red outer border is a bit too wide but better than too narrow.  When it's all quilted I can figure out what works.

The backing will be a flannel with sporty bears I had been given years ago.  The colors seem to be just right and the class is pretty sporty so it will do. There were 5 panels of it with finished edges.  It was directional so it took nearly 4 of the panels to make the backing. I had hoped it would use it all but this is good.  

Quilt #2 is very different than Quilt #1 but it just spoke to me differently.  The kids are thrilled with it and hopefully they will both bring in beau coup bucks at the auction. 


Showing off finishes with Crazy Mom Quilts    and  Confessions of a Fabric Addict .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!