Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stash Report 011016

I can usually resist buying but not this time.  I was looking for a plastic koala for school at the craft/fabric stores and just had to check the remnant bin.  Two 1/2 yd pieces of black.  Since I just finished working with black for the carnival auction quilt I knew that I will need solid black for any future projects.  

No luck on the koala at 3 stores so I also headed to a thrift store to drop off a donation bag and check for what treasures there might be.  I found lots of valentine doilies for school which is perfect since this year we are going to make cards for deployed soldiers and collect for care packages instead of exchange among each other.  Three-year-olds exchanging valentines is not any fun for anyone so we are changing it up this year. 

I also found some fabric.  One-yard pieces for 50c each!!!  Can't beat that.  Middle E is currently redoing her room in lavender and the light blue will fill in my diminishing stash of solids.  
3 yards for $2.50.  I could not say no.
I had hoped my auction top finish would outweigh the incoming fabric but not quite. But... My sister had gotten me a sewing job to make a cat pillow and I had to supplement the given materials with a piece of my own, so that worked out just perfect.  Whew.  The pressure to not be in the red also got me to finish the job in record time!

So here's my second report of 2016. Despite a lot of work the bottom line stays the same, but that's okay.

Fabric Used/Out This Week: 2.5 yards auction quilt + 0.5 yards cat pillow 
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 4 yards

Fabric In This Week:  3 yards 
Fabric In 2016: 3 yards
 

Net Used 2016:  1 yard 

Linking up to Patchwork Times  to share stash reports.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great when you get to play with new fabric but it doesn't affect your stash? The auction quilt is darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!