Sunday, September 4, 2016

Stash report 090416

New school year. New aprons.

My mother made aprons for all the teachers my first year at the preschool where I work.   She used a bolt of decorator fabric that she had been given.  I had recently been given an old embroidery machine so I embroidered all the names.  Then teachers left and new teachers came on board and my mother was not around to make more.  Fortunately I had the bolt of fabric, so I have made a few more aprons every year.  This year I need more. 

A few teachers gave back their aprons when they left.  So I just unsewed the name and redid that part.  Much easier.  Maybe returning the apron needs to be part of the quitting process!  I'm especially thinking that because we had a Stephanie leave a few years ago and a new Stephanie is starting. That's a long name to do on my old machine that has to be re-hooped every 4 letters. 

The aprons got made 3 weeks ago but the embroidery just had not happened so made an executive decision - the names would be medium-sized font instead of large.  With all those 9-letter names and my lack of time I just didn't think it made much difference.   The kids can't read yet and the parents can read medium just as well as large!!  We had a hurricane day for Hermine so I took advantage and did it!!  Done is good.  Done is great!!!
Looking at how faded mine (in the middle ) has become, maybe I need to make a new one for myself!  Next year - maybe. 


Fabric Used/Out This Week: 2.67 yards for 4 aprons
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 54.69 yards


Fabric In This Week:  0  yards
Fabric In 2016: 31.54 yards
 

Net Used 2016:  23.15 yards

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!