Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Stash Took A Hit

Stash Report 041716

I am nearly finished with the Meet in the Middle quilt for my SIL and it is all blues.  I knew I did not have anything large enough or enough of anything to even piece a backing. I was dreading having to buy a huge amount of fabric for the backing.

This week I was at the craft store getting something for work.  I can usually avoid the temptation to buy fabric if I am on a work-related mission.  But I always check out the clearance fabrics just in case.


Lo and behold, in the clearance section, marked "AS IS $2/yard" was a bolt of medium blue 100% cotton.  I opened it up to see what was wrong.  The cutter lady opened it up to see what was wrong.  The only thing we could see was very very light blurs of slight discoloration.  For the backing of a quilt this would not be a problem.  I had her measure 7 yards.
Not the greatest picture, but the idea is - it works!

Then just as she was about to cut I came to my senses. Buy the whole bolt!  I have at least 3 flimsys that are predominately blue and need backings.  So I should be able to back at least 2 quilts with this.  Meet in the Middle will get done in the very near future so that will be outage.

So I'm taking a hit in numbers, but my pocketbook is thanking me for it!


Fabric Used/Out This Week: 0 yards

Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 17.85 yards


Fabric In This Week:  11.25 yards
Fabric In 2016: 16.5 yards
 

Net Used 2016:  1.3 yards



Sharing our Stash Reports with Patchwork Times

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to make an acquisition! It is the right thing to do at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! And did you get the end of the bolt for free or reduced?? I love when that happens. This was a smart purchase, and since you already have a purpose for it, you can count it out in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pass that up, especially if you know you need the backings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find AND a great price too!! A win win day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you for taking the whole bolt at that price. You will be so happy you did when you have it available for your quilt backs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for taking the whole bolt at that price. You will be so happy you did when you have it available for your quilt backs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!