Saturday, April 23, 2016

Meet in the Middle is a Flimsy


My SIL in Guatemala is getting married.  She is a craftsy kind of person and has made a quilt herself.  She has seen me make many many quilts.  I knew she would appreciate a quilt, but I didn't want to chose a pattern or color on my own.  So I asked her to choose 3-5 quilts that she liked and give me a basic color or colors to work with.  I directed her to Quiltville and Jo's Country Junction as starting points since I have made many quilts from their patterns.

In less than a week she had chosen 2 designs and the color blue - all shades of blue.  So of her two choices  I picked Meet in the Middle from Jo's Country Junction and started cutting into all my blues.  Since she doesn't know which one I picked it will still be a surprise.

I made a few adaptations to the pattern to end up with a full size quilt.  I made 42 strips instead of the 32 in the pattern and my white stripes were longer.  So mine will be longer and wider.  This was a super easy pattern to adjust for size.

This was a relatively quick quilt to put together.  The hardest part was the randomizing of the blues.  I used a variety of white on whites and I just didn't worry about where they landed.  There are a few that ended up side by side and one that ended up 3 in a row, but I think it just adds to the charm.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am a "blue" person, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye catching! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design. I love quilt patterns which are fairly simple but look much harder. Your blue and white top looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this, I may try this hands to help, great way to use those leftover 2.5 in strips. Your monochrome version is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!