Sunday, February 23, 2014

Little Bit In, Little Bit Out

Stash Report 022314

When we first moved to the states I made burp clothes for a nephew-to-be here in the US.  I had lot of fun doing that and thought it had Etsy potential so I made a bunch. No luck on Etsy, but now I have a small stash of burp clothes. I want to send some to Guatemala for the new baby, but since we don't know if it will be a boy or girl I'm going with unisex for the burp clothes.  Of course now that I want some to send there were no uni-sex ones ready or unisex flannel to work with. 

On a quick run to get new zippers for the pillows (seen here) I found a 1/4 yd remnant of a yellow patterned baby flannel. Perfect. 50% off even better since my current fabric allowance is $0.  No problem finding backings in the stash.  They are longer and narrower than I would normally make but they will work just fine.
These are going to Guatemala for Baby G.
I also finished up 2 others that had been cut, pinned and folded back up into the flannel stack. I originally thought they might be generic enough but they turned out to be kind of heavy on the pink, which looks even pinker in the photo.  But it counts as  UFO done, so that is good.
These will wait for a baby girl.

So here's how the fabric situation looks this week:

Fabric Used This Week:   1/2 yd for yellow ducky burp clothes + 1/2 yd for pink & orange fish burp clothes


Total Used 2014:  15 yards

Fabric In This Week:  1/4 yd of yellow ducky flannel 

Total Bought/Received in 2014: 7 1/4 yards

Net Used 2014: 7 3/4 yards
 
There are lots of other stash reports over at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. Can never have enough burp clothes with a new baby! What size do you usually make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually 13 x 17 since that is the size I received as a baby shower gift 7 years ago and Little S still uses for runny noses!

      These yellow ones were 11 x 18 since that was the size of the fabric and they will be just as practical.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!