Monday, February 17, 2014

Design Wall Monday

There are 2 quilts on the design floor.  Sr G is away so we can use the living room floor for a few days without any complaints!

Little S wanted to start another quilt since the D9P is done and turned in.  I did not want to think too hard about it, so I got out a bag of precut 5" blocks that I had gotten at a yard sale and had her play with them for a while.  There were oodles and oodles (a new word for the girls and they are trying to find places to use it!) of peachy ones.  So I cut a bunch of 5" squares to supplement from a slightly darker peach that was in the stack of guild fabric to use up and she laid them all out.  Somehow I don't think she is going to finish and get it up off the floor before her father gets back, but it gives her a project for the next little while - and stuff moving out of the piles and stacks.  That's my plan - get it moving out.

I got the 16 blocks done for the baby boy quilt I need.  You can read more about that here.  Now I am contemplating what color sashings.  I thought white since this will be the pair for the pink & white quilt that can be seen here, but then I thought maybe light blue.  It will get a piano key border.



Playing with scraps these are my choices.  I don't like the medium blue.  The light light blue is good and if the white was muslin instead of this very white I would like that better.  Since I am walking past it constantly I have a chance to think about it.  What do you think? Medium, light or white?

Even though I need to get this done ASAP in order for it to be ready to go to Guatemala in early March there are other things I really have to do today - homework for a class I am taking since I am a week behind and I have a commissioned project that I need to just bite the bullet and do.  It doesn't have a deadline, but for me I need to get it done.  And this is why I stopped taking commissioned projects after the green quilts last year.  I just don't like them hovering overhead.  I'd rather play in my scraps!!

So I am getting off the computer and hitting the sewing machine to get the commissioned project started - and hopefully finished.

Check out some other design wall at Patchwork Times

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you about commissioned quilts! I began the year with three of them. One down, two to go. And, yes, I know that I am spending a lot more time and energy fretting and groaning about them than I would if I'd just DO them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!